This IATP asbestos awareness online course aims to make trainees aware of the dangers of asbestos and what to do if they accidentally come into contact with asbestos.
The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 requires that any worker who might accidentally come into contact with asbestos must receive awareness training. Gaining a UKATA Asbestos Awareness certificate is an industry-standard for demonstrating this compliance.
Human Focus is a leading provider of the IATP Asbestos Awareness course that trains thousands of workers every year in companies of all sizes and trades.
Important Note: This asbestos awareness training falls into Category A-Asbestos awareness.. It does not qualify anyone to work with asbestos-containing materials (ACMs).
The course has five modules which cover the following elements:
Module 1- Uses of Asbestos & Likely Locations of ACMs
- What is asbestos?
- The history of asbestos
- Types of asbestos
Module 2- The Risks of Asbestos
- Uses of asbestos
- Where you might find asbestos
Module 3- Entry Routes & Health Effects
- How asbestos affects your health
- Risks of asbestos fibre release
- Who is at risk
Module 4- Asbestos Legislation
- Asbestos-related legislation
- Role and responsibilities
- Asbestos surveys
Module 5- Emergency Procedures
- Pre-work assessment
- Emergency procedures – what to do if you accidentally disturb ACMs
Note: There is a short test at the end of each module:
- You will need to achieve 100% in this test to complete the course
- If you don’t achieve 100%, you will need to retake the module
We, therefore, recommend that you take detailed notes to help you successfully complete the course
This eLearning course is for all of those who might come into contact with asbestos. Especially:
- Building surveyors
- Demolition workers
- Fire alarm installers
- Heating and ventilation engineers
- Maintenance workers
- Painting and decorators
- Telecommunications engineers
This Human Focus online version of this course provides:
- 3 -4 hours of learning
- Immediate start
- Immediate receipt of the IATP-Approved Asbestos Awareness certificate on successfully passing the training
- Specialist tutor support to answer any questions
- Learn at your own convenience – the Human Focus version of this IATP asbestos awareness course can be taken in bite-size chunks. It does not require you to complete it in one go. The online system automatically bookmarks the trainee’s progress and enable learning to be fitted in and around busy work schedules