This legionella responsible person training course explores risk management arrangements for controlling the spread of legionella bacteria. This programme also explores the associated responsibilities for management and the documentation that they need to be aware of.
Legionnaire’s disease is a pneumonia-like disease that occurs when airborne droplets containing the legionella bacteria are inhaled. Legionella bacteria is present in naturally occurring water. But it is most hazardous when it multiplies in water that is used for domestic purposes, such as air conditioning units or hot tubs.
Why this Course on Legionella Risk Management is Vital
While the occurrence of legionnaire’s disease is uncommon, the effects can be serious and even fatal. It is vital that those responsible for the health and safety of staff and premises are aware of their duties, as well as the measures necessary to prevent its spread.
This online course provides the knowledge needed to ensure you are doing your legal duties in terms of this hazard while protecting those that may be infected.
- Perform a legionella risk assessment at work
- Be familiar with a written control scheme
- Understand their responsibilities in respect to legionella
- Have risk management strategies in place
Employers must appoint a responsible person or persons to assist in the management of health and safety, including the risk of legionella exposure. This person must have the competence and understanding of the premises to do their job adequately.
A good work plan for legionella control that details the roles and responsibilities of all individuals involved is important to prevent this hazard.
Objectives of Legionella Responsible Person Training Online
To make trainees aware of legionella, legionella risk assessment, and their legal duties in respect to legionella. It outlines the management responsibilities for duty holders, including requirements for contractors.
This legionella responsible person training online requires:
- No prior subject knowledge
- No certification requirement
Details of this programme include:
Legionella Risk Management
- Risk management strategies
- Management responsibilities
- Written control scheme
- Explanation of required documentary evidence
- Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 for legionella control
Who this Basic Legionella Awareness Training is for?
The course is aimed at anyone responsible for protecting their employees from legionella risks and to control it including:
- Duty Holders
- Responsible Persons
- Competent People
- Employers, Managers, Supervisors
- Anyone with administrative responsibilities
Learning Outcomes of Online Legionella Awareness Course
- Acquire a good understanding of legionella, legionella risk management, and the duties of responsible persons
- Know how to deal with legionella workplace risk and how to control these risks
- Understand risk management strategies and management responsibilities regarding legionella
- Know health risks associated with legionella disease
- Understand about written control scheme and its requirements
- Know the details of what needs to be in this written control scheme
Benefits of the Course
- Minimise the health risks related to legionella
- Supports legal compliance with health and safety guidelines
- Informs employees of their own legal requirements
- Provides a thorough understanding of the risks of legionella
- Provides guidance on the risk management process for legionella
- Emphasizes the importance of employee training at work regarding legionnaire’s disease
- Highlights the legal duties of responsible persons to protect employees from legionella
- Provides certification on successful course completion
Why Choose Human Focus for Legionella Responsible Person Training Online?
Choosing Human Focus for Legionella Risk Management Principles for Responsible Person e-learning course provides learners with the following benefits:
- Easy access on any device
- Concise yet informative
- IIRSM approved certificate upon completion
- 100% online course – accessible via any device
- Approximately 3 hours in total length
End of Course Knowledge Test
The legionella responsible person training online end-of-course knowledge test is:
- Fully online
- Effective – assist learners to recall and hold essential information
- Recorded to determine compliance
The test allows for one second attempt, if unable to pass the first assessment.
- IIRSM approved
- Emailed upon completion
- Legionella and Legionnaires’ Disease – HSE
- Managing Legionella In Hot And Cold-Water Systems
- Legionnaires’ Disease – The Prevention Of Bacterium In Water
- Legionnaires’ Illness – What You Must Do
- Legionella Risks During Coronavirus Pandemic – HSE News
- Are There Legionella Risks In My Workplace – HSE?
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a legionella risk assessment mandatory?
No, a legionella risk assessment is not mandatory. However, those responsible for a building have a duty to measure and control the risk of contact with legionella bacteria.
Does boiling water kill legionella?
Yes, boiling water will kill legionella bacteria. Legionella is dormant below 20°C and does not survive above 60°C. The Health and Safety Executive recommends that hot water storage cylinders store water at a temperature of at least 600C, and distribute it at a temperature of at least 500C.
Coldwater should be stored and distributed at a temperature below 200C.
How to carry out a legionella risk assessment?
To perform legionella risk assessment following steps are required:
Step 1: Identify the hazards
Step 2: Decide who might be harmed and how
Step 3: Evaluate risks
Step 4: Decide on precautions
Step 5: Record your findings and do it
Who can complete a legionella risk assessment?
Employers must appoint a person, or persons responsible for helping them manage health and safety duties and responsibilities. The responsible person for legionella control is a competent person that is selected by the duty holder to take day-to-day responsibility for the relevant premises.
|Study length||Approximately 3 hours course|
|Approval body||IIRSM - International Institute of Risk & Safety Management|
|Target Audience||All Managers and Supervisors – In-Depth/Managerial Level|
|Format||Interactive Video With End of Course Test Questions|
|Assessment||Online Multiple Choice Test|
|Certification||Online Certificate Issued Immediately on Course Completion|