This driving to work online course explores various common factors that contribute to work-related road accidents. It further teaches essential safety measures to reduce the risks of accidents and injuries. The course is approved by RoSPA, and trainees get a certificate on passing the training successfully.
Driving For Work What Everyone Needs to Know – Part 1 Speed
Driving Courses & Training
Objectives of Driving for Work e-Learning Course
- Understanding the impact of driving at speed has on anticipating hazards and accidents
- Understanding the effect speed has on accident survival rates
- Speed tips for safe driving
Online Driver Awareness Training Course Content
Trainees will be able to explore the following aspects in this online programme:
- Speed and hazard perception
- Speed and margin for error
- Speed tips for smooth driving
Who Should Take Driving for Work Course Online?
This eLearning driving training is ideally designed for:
- Employees who drive
- Organisations that hire drivers
- Professional and casual drivers
Benefits of Online Driver Awareness Training
Employees will get the following benefits by taking the course:
- Short online course – 28+ minutes of learning time
- Available to every registered user, anywhere and anytime using a mobile device or desktop machine
- Teaches about the common factors that result in work-related road accidents
- Educates drivers about the effect of speed on the safety of all road users and fuel consumption
- Educates about the safety measures necessary to reduce the risks of road accidents
- Online training content consists of quality videos and animations for maintaining learner’s interest in the course
- Provides convenient learning experience as the Human Focus LMS (Learning Management System) maintains a record of each trainee’s progress with the course. This allows trainees to resume the course from the point left last time
- Interactive knowledge test that comprises of multiple-choice questions
- RoSPA-Approved certificate on completion of the driving for work training online
Effective work-related safety measures can help organisations to reduce the risk injuries and accidents. The safety measures can help:
- Lessen accidents and injuries to drivers
- Reduce stress
- Improve morale
- Reduced work-related ill-health issues
This driving for work course helps organisations in the following ways:
- Improves drivers’ productivity by eliminating the hours lost to road accidents
- Improves health and safety awareness culture within the organisation
- Internationally recognised RoSPA-Approved certificates for the trainees on successful completion of the course and end test
- Builds a positive reputation of the organisation
Driving for Work Training Course Format
Format: Online E-learning course. The trainee can take it on any mobile device or desktop computer
Estimated running time of training: 28+ minutes
- RoSPA-approved course
- Course comprises of quality videos and animations
- Knowledge test at the end of the course and RoSPA-Approved certificate
The driving to work eLearning course is short, with 28 minutes running time. However, the learner can either take the training in one sitting or in bite-size chunks, as per his availability.
End of the Course Knowledge Test
This driver training course has a knowledge test at the end of the training. It appears once the trainee has completed all sections of the course. The test aims to evaluate trainee learning from the course.
The test system of Human Focus is fully online. The trainees do not need to visit physical classrooms to take the course.
- The test contains only multiple-choice questions
- A trainee needs to pass the end test to get the RoSPA-Approved certificate
- Human Focus LMS automatically stores the record of the trainee’s test to provide robust compliance evidence
Driving for Work - Certificate
When a trainee successfully passes the end test, they immediately get a RoSPA-Approved e-certificate in a PDF format, which is downloadable.
However, if a trainee fails to pass the test, they get the opportunity to re-attempt the test/course without paying any extra amount within the subscription period.
Background Statistics of Work-related Driving Accidents
According to the Department for Transport, more than one quarter of all road traffic accidents involve a person who is driving as a part of their job.
The Labour Force Survey states, around 72,000 work-related road traffic injuries occurred to UK-based workers in 2016. Among them, 29% of injuries resulted in strains and sprains.
Employers have a legal duty under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. to ensure the safety of workers, as far as is reasonably practicable. This law also applies to work activities on the road in the same way it does to other work activities. Hence, organisations need to manage the risks to drivers as a part of their health and safety arrangements.
Driving to work online training can help organisations to minimise the rate of work-related road accidents by creating awareness and providing safe driving tips among their drivers.