This safety in confined space training will educate learners to spot hazards and access risks in confined spaces. The course also provides safety instructions and procedures in the event of an emergency situation.
Working in confined spaces often presents hazards that can easily kill people. Every year, many are killed or seriously injured whilst working in confined spaces. Incidents often occur as employees are unaware of dangers, are not well-trained and lack safety equipment.
Important Note: This confined spaces training course does not qualify you to work in confined spaces. It only makes you aware of the hazards of working in confined spaces and general safety principles. If you work in confined spaces, you require additional more specialist training.
In this training programme, we will explore:
- What are confined spaces?
- Hazards associated with working in confined spaces, including:
- Oxygen deficiency
- Toxic Gas
- Free-flowing materials
- Presence of liquids
- Flammable substances
- Excessive Heat
- Pre-work Risk Assessment
- Guard against fire and explosions
- Ensure your air supply
- Watch out for heat stress
- Isolate the area
- Make sure you can see
- Emergency procedures
The intended audience for this training programme:
- All Employees who may encounter workplace confined spaces
- All Subcontractors who may encounter workplace confined spaces
- Supervisors and managers who may encounter workplace confined spaces
Note: This is an awareness course, it does not qualify you to work in confined spaces – specialised training may be required to do so and you should take care to check any specific training required for any given workplace situation