This slip, trip, and fall eLearning course teach how they occur, why these accidents happen, and what one can do to prevent these common hazards.
Slips and trips are one of the biggest causes of accidents in the workplace. Employers need to set control measures in place to ensure employees’ safety from injuries caused by slips, trips, and falls.
The awareness training course about slips, trips, and falls in the workplace covers the following:
- What are slips, trips, and falls?
- What are the slips, trips, and fall hazards in the workplace?
- Control measures to reduce such accidents
- Why accidents happen: Poor housekeeping
- Why accidents happen: Taking shortcuts
- Why accidents happen: Careless movements
- Why accidents happen: Not holding on
This online course on slips trips and falls control measures is ideally designed for:
- All employees, working in any office environment, worldwide
- All managers, working in any office environment, worldwide
- All supervisors, working in any office environment, worldwide
This training programme will help an organisation to:
- Enhance employees’ productivity by reducing or eliminating working hours lost to injuries and accidents
- Improves health and safety culture within the company
- Internationally recognised RoSPA-Approved certificate for trainees upon successful completion of the course
- Builds a positive reputation for your organisation
- Format: Online E-learning – can be taken on any mobile desktop machine
- Estimated training time: 15 minutes
- Course approved by RoSPA – Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents
- High-quality video and animations
- End test and RoSPA-Approved certificate
The slip prevention training course has a total running time of 15 minutes. However, the trainee can either take the course in one sitting or in bite-size chunks, which ever is more convenient.
The slip, trip, and fall e-Learning course has an assessment test at the end of the course. The test appears when the trainee completes all sections of the training. The aim of the test is to assess the employee’s learning from the course.
- The Human Focus test system is completely online; thus, there is no need to visit training centres
- The test consists of multiple-choice questions
- The trainee needs to score at least 80% in the test to pass the course
- A record of the trainee’s test is automatically stored on the Human Focus system to provide robust compliance evidence
When a trainee passes the knowledge test, they immediately get a RoSPA-Approved slip, trip, and fall certificate in a downloadable PDF format.The certificate has validity period of 3 years. Moreover, if a trainee fails to achieve 80% in the test, they get the chance to attempt the test again without paying extra within the subscription period.
Slips, trips, and falls are the most common hazards in the workplace that contributes to many serious injuries each year. In the UK, according to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), slips, and trips are responsible for over a third of all reported major injuries. These injuries lead to 2 fatalities per year and major injuries lead to negative consequences on the British economy that costs employers £512 million per year.
In the USA, the Bureau of Labour Statistics states that more than 25% of all reported injuries across industries are caused by slip, trip, and fall. 16% of all the workplace accidents involved falls on the ground. While almost 5% of accidents in workplaces involved falls of more than one story. This slips, trips, and falls training focuses on the control measures required to prevent this kind of accident occurring in office-based workplaces and similar environments.
Employees and employer both must comply with the law regarding slip and fall prevention working environments.In the UK, the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 calls for appropriate training for the health and safety of employees. The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 imposes employers’ duty to perform slip, trip, and fall risk assessment.This training course can help employers to fulfil their duty in protecting staff members from such avoidable accidents.
Moreover, The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 state that employees should protect themselves and others from a slips, trips, and falls situation.The slip trip and fall training on safety tips by Human Focus will create awareness among employees to protect themselves and each other from such accidents.
Other available Slips and Courses available include: