Course Duration: 25+ minutes
This e-learning course provides instruction and guidance for cleaners with regard to the safe assembly of cleaning equipment. Cleaning is a vital part of the workplace, and the equipment used for cleaning is just as vital. Employers must have in place proper equipment maintenance procedure(s) to meet health and safety requirements.
Failure to safely assemble cleaning equipment can result in health and safety risks to both cleaners and those in the vicinity of cleaning work. For example, operating broken equipment can cause injury or ill health. Failing to handle chemicals correctly can result in exposure to hazardous substances. And electrical fires or shocks could result from a failure to properly inspect equipment before assembly.
This training programme provides the instruction to maintain health and safety compliance and reduce liability. It gives an overview of commonly used cleaning equipment, assembly, and equipment maintenance policy and procedures.
Why this Safe Assembly of Equipment Course is Vital
Employers must provide sufficient instruction and training to prevent the hazards associated with assembling cleaning equipment. This presents risks to the property, the cleaners themselves, and any clients or members of the public using the same space.
The risks associated with improper assembly or handling of cleaning equipment include:
- Electrical burns
- Cuts or lacerations
- Chemical burns
- Damage to furnishings
Government regulation requires employers and employees to have safety in mind at all times, including when they follow procedures for maintenance of equipment. Additionally, efficiency requires that employers and employees follow the standard operating procedures for equipment maintenance.
The Health and Safety at Work, etc. Act 1974 places a duty on all the employers to ensure they provide well-managed and hygienic work equipment for the employees or the cleaners. This will ensure that they are working safely without harming people, furnishings, or fittings.
The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER) ensure employee safety when using the equipment. The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 also discusses risk assessment, requiring the inspection of equipment regularly if wear and tear might compromise safety.
Objectives of this Online Course
This training course aims to give trainees a clear understanding of safe cleaning equipment maintenance procedures, along with safe cleaning basics. Upon course completion, participants should be better enabled to clean safely and to assemble and maintain cleaning equipment in a way that minimizes risk.
This health and safety e-learning course on safe assembly of cleaning equipment requires:
- No prior subject knowledge
- No course certification requirement
Course Content of Safe Assembly of Cleaning Equipment
In this online training course, the following sections will be explored:
- Cleaning Basics
- Understanding Cleaning Equipment
- Dust Pan & Brush – Pre-use Checks
- Bucket & Mop – Pre-use Checks
- Vacuum – Pre-use Checks
- Vacuum – Setting Up For Work
- Dealing With Problems
- Finishing The Job
Who is this Safe Assembly of Equipment Training Course for?
This health and safety online training course is designed for anyone who wants or needs to understand how to safely handle cleaning equipment, including:
- Experienced cleaners
- Newly-hired cleaners
- Anyone who trains or supervises cleaners
- Anyone who works in the cleaning industry
Learning Outcomes of Safe Assembly of Cleaning Equipment e-Learning Programme
On successfully undertaking the training programme, the learners will be able to:
- Understand the basics of assembling cleaning equipment and equipment maintenance procedure
- Identify any hazards associated with working with equipment and how to check them before use
- Understand the importance of choosing the right PPE for a specific cleaning task and how cleaning products must be clearly labeled
- Understand the cleaning equipment covered by COSHH Regulations and conducting a COSHH risk assessment to minimise any health risks
Benefits of the Course
This online course offers the following benefits to employers and employees.
- Compliant with health and safety legislation
- Prevents accidents, injuries, and losses related to improper assembly of cleaning equipment
- Improves safety culture at work
- Helps to minimise the risk of costly workplace accidents and incidents
- Cleaners will better understand how to safely prepare for using specific cleaning equipment
- Cleaners and trainees will better understand how to minimise risks to those in their working vicinity
- RoSPA certificate upon course completion
Why Choose Human Focus for Safe Assembly of Equipment Programme
Choosing Human Focus for the safe assembly of the equipment provides the following benefits to the delegates:
- RoSPA assured course content and certification
- Helps maintain compliance
- High-quality video and animation with clear voiceover
- Short, informative, and interactive content
- Mini interactive quizzes throughout to support learning
- 100% online
- Start immediately after registration
- Approximately 25+ minutes in length
- End of course knowledge test
RoSPA assured certificate issues by Human Focus upon completion of training course
- Maintenance of Work Equipment
- Health and Safety at Work, etc. Act of 1974
- COSHH and Cleaners – Key Message
- Methods of Decontamination
- Upkeep of Work Equipment
- COSHH Basics – PPE
- Handling Hazardous Substances – COSHH
- Personal Protective Equipment Training – In Industry
- Why is Health & Safety Essential in all Workplace
- Who is Responsible for Workplace Health and Safety?
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the procedures for cleaning equipment assembly?
In order to safely assemble and use cleaning equipment, one must:
- Have a good working knowledge of all equipment to be used
- Give equipment a thorough inspection before using it
- Ensure that cleaning chemicals used are compatible with the equipment
- Clean and store the equipment safely
The Human Focus Safe Assembly of Cleaning Equipment training course offers much further detail on all of the above.
What does the training course on safe assembly of cleaning equipment include?
The Human Focus training course on safe assembly of cleaning equipment educates trainees about safe basic cleaning precautions, inspection of cleaning equipment, safe use of cleaning equipment, and proper cleaning and storage of cleaning equipment. It also teaches trainees how to best avoid risk to themselves and others.
Do cleaners need COSHH training?
Yes, cleaners do need COSHH training when working with hazardous substances, because doing so can lead to long-term health issues. Cleaning activities can pose severe damage to health and can sometimes be fatal. Therefore, COSHH training for cleaners is crucial.
What are some of the safety issues that must be considered when using equipment?
Health issues to consider when working around equipment are:
- Moving parts
- Exposed blades
- Slipping and tripping hazards
|Study length||25+ minutes|
|Approval body||RoSPA assured|
|Target audience||All the cleaning staff – awareness|
|Format||One interactive module with an end of course test|
|Assessment||Online multiple-choice test|
|Certification||Online certificate issued immediately on course completion|