Course Duration: 15+ minutes
This online training programme offers guidance for cleaners about safe and efficient methods for mop sweeping. Mop sweeping is an integral part of any floor cleaning process because it removes dry dust and other dirt before damp mopping.
Cleaners who perform this task at a workplace must be able to do so safely. This online course assists employers with protection from liability risks and compliance with the legal duty to protect employees and anyone else that may be at risk.
Why this Mop Sweeping Sweeping & Mopping Course is Vital
The consequences of failing to prepare for health and safety risks associated with various cleaning activities can be disastrous for a business of any size.
Employers must fulfil their legal duty to protect their employees, workers, or anyone coming into contact with work operations under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
Objectives of this Mop Sweeping Cleaning Course
This online training course aims to enable participants to safely and properly prepare for, perform, and complete mop sweeping tasks.
This online health and safety training is a basic level course and requires:
- No prior subject knowledge
- No prior course certification requirement
Course Content of Mop Sweeping Training
This online training course explores the following sections:
- Getting Set Up
- Safety Checks
- Mop Sweeping
- Finishing Up
Who this Mop Sweeping Course is for?
This online health and safety course is intended for individuals who perform or supervise mop sweeping procedures.
Learning Outcomes of Mop Sweeping e-Learning Course
Participants will be able to:
- Explain the Safe System of Work (SSOW), and Risk Assessment and Method Statement (RAMS)
- Identify, select, and use the necessary equipment for this task, including personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Explain the importance of using warning signs in the work area
- Perform safety checks that enable effective cleaning
- Apply safe and efficient methods to mop sweeping work
Why Choose Human Focus for Mop Sweeping Course?
Choosing Human Focus offers the following benefits to participants and organisations:
- RoSPA assured
- Compliant with health and safety at work regulations
- High-quality video content with clear voice-over
- Short, informative, and interactive content
- Mini interactive quizzes to support retention
- 100% online course
- Approximately 15+ minutes in length
- End of course knowledge test
Upon completion of this course, trainees will earn a RoSPA assured certification.
Frequently Asked Questions
What qualifications do cleaners need?
Several cleaning qualifications exist for anyone who works as a cleaner or cleaning supervisor.
Potential qualifications include:
- Level 1 – Diploma in Cleaning and Support Service Skills
- Level 2 – Certificate in Cleaning Principles
- Level 2 – Award/Certificate in Cleaning and Support Service Skills
- Level 3 – Qualification in Cleaning Supervision Skills
How often should you mop and sweep your floors?
The frequency of sweeping and mopping depends largely on the frequency of foot traffic in a given area. High-traffic areas like hallways, kitchens, bathrooms, and meeting rooms should be swept and mopped at least once per week. Less frequently used areas can be swept and mopped once per month.
Is it necessary to clear the floor of dry dust before mopping?
Yes, it is vital to remove as much dry dust as possible from a floor surface before beginning damp mopping. Dry dust and other particles can become wet and stick to the floor if not removed.
|Study length||15+ minutes|
|Approval body||RoSPA assured|
|Target audience||All the cleaning staff – awareness|
|Format||One interactive module with an end of course test|
|Assessment||Online multiple-choice test|
|Certification||Online certificate issued immediately on course completion|