Under Regulation 4 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012, any organisation responsible for managing Non-Domestic Premises, must appoint a Duty Holder(s) and Appointed Person(s) if there is asbestos in the building. This IATP approved qualification will assist in providing the knowledge these duty holders require.
IATP Asbestos Duty to Manage
Successful completion of this duty to manage asbestos course will satisfy the “training” requirement for under Regulation 4 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012.
However, these Regulations do not stipulate any specific training qualification for Duty Holders and Appointed Persons, merely that they must be “competent”.
Competency is a mix of knowledge, skills and experience. On completion of this training course duty holders will require additional knowledge and experience to gain full competency. For example, experience in the application of the knowledge gained in their day-to-day management tasks.
Successful completion of this Asbestos Duty to Manage course does not qualify anyone to carry out the following:
- Non-licensed removal of asbestos
- Licensed removal of asbestos
- Work with or handling of asbestos containing materials (ACMs)
Asbestos Duty To Manage training is only intended to help employers comply with their duty to manage asbestos in non-domestic premises
Benefits of Asbestos Duty to Manage Online Training
- Educates duty holders and appointed persons on their role and responsibilities under Regulation 4 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
- Educates learners about relevant asbestos legislation and guidance
- Educates learners about the asbestos risk assessment process
- Teaches how to develop asbestos management plans to reduce the health risks
- Fully online course
- 4-5 hours of learning
- High quality learning experience – course comprises 2D and 3D animation video
- Convenient learning- the course can be taken in one go or in chunks.
- The Human Focus system automatically tracks and bookmarks trainee progress.
- IATP approved certificate for learners upon successful completion
Course Content of Duty to Manage Asbestos Training
This e-learning course consists of 5 modules. Each section with its list of topics are listed below:
Module 1 – Asbestos Legislation
- What is Asbestos Management?
- Legal Structure
- Health and safety law
- Asbestos Law
- CDM Regulations
- RIDDOR 2013
- HWR 2005
- Other Legislation that relates to Asbestos
- HSE Asbestos Guidance
- HSE Enforcement
Module 2 – Duty to Manage in Non-Domestic Premises
- Who is the Asbestos Duty Holder?
- What are the Duties?
- The Steps in Asbestos Management
- Immediate Actions
- Continuing Actions
Module 3 – Asbestos Surveys
- Asbestos Surveys
- What is a Management Survey?
- Survey Pre-Planning
- How to do a Management Survey
- Refurbishment and Demolishment Surveys
- Survey Results
- Creating a Survey Report
- Restrictions and Caveats
Module 4 – Asbestos Risk Assessment
- Asbestos Risk Assessment
- Material Assessments
- Priority Assessments
- Documenting Risk Assessments
- Asbestos Risk Control Measures
Module 5 – Managing Asbestos in Non-Domestic Premises
- Creating a Management Plan
- What Needs to be Included?
- Documenting Control Measures
- Managing Work and Personnel
- Errors and Solutions
Who should take this Duty to Manage Asbestos Course?
This course is designed for the asbestos Duty Holders and Appointed Persons who manage non-domestic premises. These duty holders are responsible for protecting anyone who works, or uses such premises, from the potential risks of exposure to asbestos.
Organisational Benefits of Asbestos Duty to Manage e-Learning Course
- Help meet compliance with Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
- Cut training costs- no travel, or inconvenient loss of personnel
- Improve safety culture within the organisation
- Provides cost-effective eLearning- discounts are available for volume purchases
- IATP end of course certificate for trainees upon successful completion of course