This driving for work – what everyone needs to know training course part 2 (distractions) explores different types of distractions that affect a driver’s focus. It further explains how poor journey planning and fatigue can result in greater risk of road accidents.
This course covers common distractions, the importance of journey planning and signs of driver fatigue, including what to do under such circumstances.
This is a RoSPA assured training course and provides a certificate to trainees upon successful completion of the course.
This online training course focuses on the ways to manage distractions whilst driving, hence covers the following:
- Journey planning
- Fatigue & Driving
This e-Learning course is designed for:
- Organisations whose employees drive as part of their job
- Anyone who has to drive as a part of his/her job
- Anyone driving to and from work
This driving for Work e-learning training benefits organisations in the following ways:
- Compliance evidence with the law that requires organisations to ensure the health and safety of workers
- Improved safety awareness culture within the company
- Increased employee support reduces stress levels, and improves morale.
- Enhanced productivity of employees by reducing the risks of work-related road accidents
Format: Online Course that every registered user can take either using a mobile device or a desktop computer can be taken on any mobile desktop machine
Estimated running time: 25+ minutes
- RoSPA assured content
- Quality videos and animations
- End of the course knowledge test and RoSPA assured certificate
The driving for work e-learning has a total running time of approximately 25 minutes. However, it’s up to the trainees, how much time they take to answer the knowledge questions.
The Human Focus Learning Management System (LMS) includes record management to keep everyone’s training records, completion status, and reattempts easily accessible. The LMS allows trainees to complete the course at their convenience.
The training course on driving for work dealing with distractions has a brief knowledge test at the end. It can be taken only if a trainee successfully completes all sections of the course. The test aims to assess the trainee’s understanding and learning due to this course.
- The Human Focus test system is entirely online, therefore, trainees do not require to visit training centres
- The test composes of multiple-choice questions
- Each trainee needs to score 80% to pass the end test and receive the completion certificate
When trainees pass the end test, they instantly get a RoSPA assured certificate in downloadable form.
However, if trainees fail the end test, they get the opportunity to reattempt the test.
According to a national survey, 1748 road deaths and 153,315 causalities were reported in the Great Britain in 2019.
Another report by the Department for Transport UKsays that over one-quarter of all road accidents involve a driver driving for work.
According to the Labour Force Survey 2016, almost 72,000 road accidents occurred in the UK that involved riders or drivers driving for work.
All employers are bound under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 to ensure their workers’ safety, so far as is reasonably practicable . This law is applicable to work activities on roads in the same way as other working practices.
This driving for work, RoSPA assured course, therein, creates awareness of safe driving tips among drivers for minimising the rate of work-related road accidents.