Approved e-Learning course
25+ minutes course
This car inspection online training course provides step by step guidance on daily independent vehicle inspections. It explains the legal requirements and provides information that any employee operating a car must be aware of.
This course comes with a free e-checklist, which takes users step-by-step through the vehicle inspection process, while ensuring it is recorded.
A police officer or Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) can stop commercial vehicles at any time for spot checks and issue fines and prohibition notices. In addition, if an accident occurs due to the operation of an unsafe vehicle, it can result in costly property damage, fines, and claims, as well as severe injury or worse.
The Road traffic Act 1991 says that your organisation, or you as a driver, will be guilty of an offence if you drive a vehicle or trailer which involves a danger of injury to any person. Providing staff with sufficient information and instruction to conduct proper vehicle inspections minimises liability risk and ensures legal compliance.
Why this Course is Vital
There are on average around 100,000 casualties involving car accidents each year in the UK, according to road safety statistics. The cost of these accidents is massive, with each fatal accident totaling over £2 million pounds, while serious accidents average over £200,000.
If an accident occurs and it is found that it was due to a fault on the vehicle, both the operator and the owner of the vehicle can be found liable.
In addition, the Road Traffic Act 1998 gives police officers and the DVSA the ability to inspect occupational cars, at any time. If it is found that a vehicle is being operated with dangerous defects it can result in fines and penalty points for the driver of the vehicle.
Objectives of Car Inspection Training Course
The key objective of this vehicle inspector training programme is to provide occupational drivers of cars with the knowledge required to conduct a thorough vehicle inspection. It provides a systematic approach to vehicle inspection, examining each area of a car step by step. It points out what to watch out for and what to do if a problem is found.
The car inspection online training course for occupational car drivers require:
- No prior subject knowledge
- No course certification requirement
Vehicle Inspection – Cars
Delegates will learn about the following aspects of this training course:
- What the law says about the inspection of cars
- The contents of vehicle inspections
- Front, sides, and rear of the vehicles
- What you will need to look under the bonnet
- Inspecting inside of the car
Who this Commercial Vehicle Inspection Training Course is for
This car inspection training is intended for occupational drivers of cars and those that employ or manage occupational drivers of cars. This course provides guidance on the legal requirements for vehicles and how to systematically inspect a vehicle.
Learning Outcomes of Vehicle Inspection Training Course in the United Kingdom
On completion of this vehicle cars inspection online training course, trainees will understand:
- The importance of inspecting the car before taking it out on the road
- The legislative requirements of inspecting vehicles
- The content of car inspections
- What to inspect on each side of a vehicle
- What to look for inside of a vehicle
- How to handle vehicle problems
Benefits of the Course
- Guarantees suitable steps are taken to diminish road incidents
- Ensures all occupational driving staff have a suitable understanding of inspection
- Reduces legal and financial liability
- Understanding of legal responsibility
- Knowledge of the inspection process
- Course certification on undertaking the training successfully
Why Choose Human Focus for Vehicle Inspection?
The benefits of choosing Human Focus for car inspection online training include:
- Prompt access to the course via learning management system (LMS)
- Learn anytime and anywhere
- Interactive and informational course content
- Mini quizzes at the end of each section to support retention
- Fully online
- Duration: 25+ minutes
- Interactive quizzes throughout
- End of course knowledge test
End of Course Assessment
The commercial vehicle inspection training assesses the trainee’s proficiency in the course-end test. The assessment is:
- Completely online
- Effective – helps trainees retain essential information from the course
- Recorded to demonstrate compliance
Upon passing the test successfully, trainees will receive an IIRSM approved certificate via email. Delegates will get a chance to retake the test a second time if they are unable to pass it on the first attempt.
- Vehicle at Work – Inspection, Maintenance, and Repair
- Vehicle Inspection Checklist Guidance
- Vehicle and Transport Safety at Work
- Workplace Transport Training to Prevent Accidents
- Health and Safety in Motor Vehicle Repair
- Employers Responsibilities to Protect Health and Safety of their Staff
- Driving at Work – Managing Work-related Accidents
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a car inspection?
A car inspection is a formal inspection conducted by the relevant authorities to ensure that a car is safe to be operated on the road. In the UK, the police and DVSA officers have the authority to conduct such inspections on commercial vehicles at any time. If a vehicle is found to be unfit for road use, a prohibition may be issued. This means the vehicle cannot be operated until the fault is corrected.
What do they inspect during a car inspection?
During a vehicle inspection a police officer or DVSA inspector examines each part of the vehicle to ensure that it is in good working order and that the vehicle is roadworthy. This includes examining things such as:
- The overall vehicle’s condition
- All of the lights on the vehicle
- The tyres
- Engine compartment and electrical controls
- Front and rear suspension
- Steering, clutch, and breaks
Why is it important to have your car inspected?
Vehicle examination is essential for every car that is out on the road. It guarantees that you are safe whilst driving around, along with this everyone else is also safe as well.
|Study length||25+ minutes|
|Approval body||IIRSM - International Institute of Risk & Safety Management|
|Target Audience||All Staff Members – Awareness Level|
|Format||Interactive Video With End of Course Test Questions|
|Assessment||Online Multiple Choice Test|
|Certification||Online Certificate Issued Immediately On Course Completion|