This online lone worker course raises awareness about the dangers associated with lone working and practical steps for minimising these risks. The course teaches delegates on the legal duties, risk factors, risk assessment, risk controls, and effective ways of communication whilst lone working.
This course comes with a free e-checklist, which takes users step-by-step through the lone working process, while ensuring it is recorded.
Lone working has becoming increasingly common in the recent years, as more people have swapped from site-based roles.
However, employers have a legal duty under (Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999) to:
- Assess risks to lone workers
- Take steps to avoid or control risks where necessary
This lone workers training course will help your employees to work safely whilst working in isolated conditions.
In this training programme, we will cover:
- What is lone working?
- Legal duties of lone working
- What’s involved in safe systems of work
- A hierarchy of lone working risk controls
- Dynamic risk assessment undertaken as part of lone working
- Hazards that increase lone working risk
- Lone working risk factors
- Communications during lone work
The RoSPA assured lone working eLearning course is specifically designed for all the staff members, including managers and supervisors of any industrial environment who need to work alone, away from a fixed workplace. For example:
- Builders & Contractors
- Heating and Ventilation Engineers
- Maintenance Workers
- Window Cleaners
This safety awareness course helps your organisation in the following ways:
- Meet legal obligations to protect workers against the risks of lone working
- Improve employees productivity as few hours lost as a result of injuries
- Introduce health and safety awareness culture among employees
- Build a positive company image within the global market